Last updated 15/07/2021.
In the course of carrying out our activities, including providing our platforms and services and selling our products, MANNING CARTELL Pty Ltd (ABN 68 113 994 675) and our subsidiaries and relates bodies corporate (together, MANNING CARTELL, we, us, our) will collect, store, use and disclosure personal information.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
Types of personal information MANNING CARTELL collects and holds
We collect and hold personal information about individuals for the provision of our products and services (including our websites, other online platforms and the sale of our products) and purposes connected to those products and services.
Consistent with the provision of our products and services, the types of personal information we may collect and hold includes the following.
- Identity and contact details. Including individuals’ full names, addresses (including postal address, postcode, State, country), dates of birth, telephone numbers, email addresses and other identifying and contact information.
- Profile data. Profile information, usernames, passwords, preference data and related information.
- Other information. Including text of written and oral communications gathered in the course of our interaction with you, including where you visit our website and other online platforms, comment within our website and platforms and/or otherwise interact on live-chat, social media and emails, including feedback and online reviews and other information from your interactions with us online, including cookie information, IP address, URL’s, search histories and other associated information.
Relevant to the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR), the basis for our processing of your personal information under the GDPR is with your consent and to enable us to perform the contract with you related to the goods and services you have asked us to provide. If you don’t provide us with personal information, we are unlikely to be able to provide you with our goods and services. How does MANNING CARTELL collect the information you provide
We may collect personal information directly from you in the course of providing our products and services, from our website and other online platforms, and/or directly from you including when you:
- fill out questionnaires, contact forms or other information on our websites and platforms);
- post or input information on our websites or other online platforms; and
- participate in promotions, surveys, competitions or other marketing activities.
How and for what purposes does MANNING CARTELL use the information you provide
If your personal information is not collected by us, we may not be able to provide our products and services to you. The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose information may include the following.
- Conducting our business, which includes providing our products and services to you.
- Where you have consented (where such consent is required by law):
- communicating special information about MANNING CARTELL and our products and services to you; and
- provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (including serving and targeting advertisements) or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you;
- To improve and optimise our services, including to provide our clients with a better product and service experience and ensure that we, our partners and affiliates maintain and improve our products and services to our clients.
- For our internal administrative, research, planning, marketing and product development purposes.
- To comply with legal obligations.
We may also disclose personal information to our parent companies and other affiliates and related bodies corporate, as well as to logistics partners for delivery and freight purposes, as well as third party brands, clients and technology and marketing partners, including Shopify, Amazon, Facebook (including Facebook Business Manager) and Google (including Google Analytics) and other technology and marketing service providers for their use for the same purposes.
MANNING CARTELL will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and to make sure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
MANNING CARTELL uses appropriate security measures to protect the personal information you give us.
Relevant to the GDPR, in order to provide our goods and services to you, we may disclose the information which we process to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Regardless of the location of our processing, we will impose adequate data protection safeguards and implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data is protected in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
In relation to our Australian operations, we may, in the course of providing products and services, disclose personal information to overseas entities including by utilising overseas data servers to process information. Those overseas entities may be located in Canada, United States of America, Ireland and Singapore.
Cookies are tiny bits of data that are stored on your hard drive when you visit a website. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. Cookies in and of themselves do not personally identify users, although they do identify a user's browser. Cookies are useful to estimate our number of users and determine overall traffic patterns through our website. If you don't want cookies, your web browser likely includes an option that allows you to not accept them. This may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of MANNING CARTELL's services.
Retention, access and correction
We will only retain records of your personal information to the extent they are still necessary for the purposes for which such personal information was collected.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe personal information that we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may ask us to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that information. We will respond to your request and attempt to provide you with the data within 30 days of receipt of your request.
If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, to the extent permitted by law, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
Please direct all request for access and correction to email@example.com.
Some other rights in relation to your privacy
Relevant to the GDPR, some individuals also have a right, in certain circumstances, to have the information held about them erased. You can talk to us further about this at firstname.lastname@example.org. Such individuals can also request that we restrict or suspend the processing of your personal information. If you do so, note that we will then be most likely unable to provide the services to you.
The GDPR also provides that in some circumstances, individuals have a right to data portability, to withdraw their consent at any time, to object to data processing and to object to processing of data for marketing purposes.
If you consider a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or GDPR has occurred, you may direct your query to our Privacy Officer using the details set out below and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website www.oaic.giv.au or by telephone on 1300 363 992. For EU individuals, you can contact your relevant local data protection authority, which can be located at via the European Data Protection Supervisor and/or this link.